Many women think that finding that perfect man will give them the one thing that is still lacking in their life. Many factors must come into play before you find that perfect man.
1. You have to be ready, emotionally, financially, and completely. This means not overwhelming him with your neediness, financial hardships, emotional instabilities and dependencies. You have to be ready to lose some independence should this man move in or become your husband. No longer will you be able to come and go as you please or do exactly as you please. As horrific as this seems, it is part of the give and take that is necessary to make a relationship work. As much as you want that phone number for that hot tight-bodied pool guy, you must remember you have something much better now, a committed relationship.
2. You have to not expect it or be looking for him. As crazy as this may sound, you will find the perfect man when it is right, not when you want it. A friend of mine is constantly aggravated due to her inability to find a good man. I suggested that maybe it was because when the time was right to meet one of them,(Yes, there are many, many great men out there), she was with a loser and lost out on her chance to meet Mr. Right.
3. You have to get out there. Get comfortable in your own skin and get out into society. There are many many ways to do it. Find out what chamber of commerce events are scheduled and go or volunteer for a welcoming committee. Join a book club, gardening club, support group or volunteer group. There are so many organizations and groups that have a dire need for volunteers that the animals that you walk, the beauty you create, the friends’ lives that you will bless are a direct result of you just getting out there.
4. Exercise. Get out and walk in the morning, afternoon, or take a calming sunset walk. Listen to your favorite tunes on an MP3 player or take your dog or a neighbor’s for a brisk walk to unwind or to get in touch with the beauty of God’s nature. You will begin to get toned, lose weight and feel more comfortable and pleased with your appearance. This will result in some new items for your wardrobe and a new jump in your step, a genuinely friendly smile that magnetically brings smiles to other people’s faces.
5. Be patient, don’t give up and remember that there is no perfect man just as there is no perfect woman. Everyone has hangups, baggage, quarreling families, insecurities, bad habits and gas once in a while. When you meet this friend whom you will discover is interesting, charming, funny, romantic, respectful, admirable, and at times, adorable, you will realize that he is not the perfect man, but he may be the perfect man for you. Give love a chance and you will realize that love makes things perfect.